Employment opportunities at Rangi Ruru span a wide range of areas, jobs and skill sets.
Vacancies are available periodically and are listed on this page. If you don’t see a position that suits you and think you have something to offer please make contact with your curriculum vitae or resume.
Head of Learning Area – English
Are you the new Rangi Ruru Head of Learning Area for English?
We are seeking a dynamic, proven, and passionate teacher to lead our English teaching team. Do you have an eye for excellent curriculum design and a thorough understanding of culturally responsive practice in the English classroom? Would you like to teach and lead in a supportive and exceptionally well-resourced kura with motivated students who are eager to learn?
We are looking for a full-time teacher to join our kura, which covers Year 7 to Year 13. You will be starting in January 2024. This position is permanent and carries 2MUs and a time allocation of 3 hours. Additionally, there is also available 1MU for senior curriculum and 1MU for Year 11 curriculum with a time allocation of 1 hour for each. There is the possibility this role could carry 4MUs and 5 hours of time allocation.
You will be:
- – A strong leader capable of uniting and growing a team to implement a shared vision
- – Committed to honouring Te Tiriti and embedding Mātauranga Māori into English learning experiences
- – A teacher-leader who has high expectations of teaching and learning
- – Committed to embedding literacy practices into all learning design
- – Adept at designing and executing differentiated learning in the English curriculum
- – Confident using technologies to enhance learning experiences
- – Conscientious towards student wellbeing
- – Have strong organisational skills
- – A reputation as an outstanding classroom teacher
- – Aligned with our values of Respect, Aroha, Endeavour and Enthusiasm, Generosity, and Integrity
Rangi Ruru Girls’ School is an independent day and boarding school for girls, delivering outstanding educational achievements for more than 130 years. We are proud of our reputation based on the success of our learning, sporting, and cultural programmes.
We are a school committed to safeguarding student welfare and safety, where all learners feel a strong sense of belonging, develop a strong sense of self, and are supported to be their best.
Our staff have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities as part of our ongoing commitment to continuous learning and development in leadership, curriculum, and pedagogy. We have a positive, supportive culture with people at its heart. Our school is a place of innovation where we nurture young people to ‘be the change’ in their present and future lives.
For the position description and to apply see links below.
Applications close at 9am on Tuesday, October 17, 2023.